Research

Back
Carlisle Garden Club Collection

MG-002: The Club was formed on July 10, 1929, meeting for the first time in Mrs. Allan D. Thompson’s garden, and chose the Three-Leafed Clover as their insignia. The membership grew from 20 to 241 members in 1930 when the Garden Club Federation of Pennsylvania invited the Carlisle Garden Club to become a charter member. The object of the club shall be to stimulate the knowledge and love of gardening; to aid in protecting native trees, plants and birds; and to preserve and increase the natural beauties of the community.

© 2017 Cumberland County Historical Society | 21 North Pitt Street, Carlisle, PA | 717-249-7610