Community Outreach Events & Rentals Assistant
Classification: Part-time (12 hrs./wk.)
Schedule: Flex (12 hrs./week max)
Job Summary: The Assistant reports and takes direction from the Community Outreach Director in the implementation of duties, outlined below. The Community Outreach Events and Rentals Assistant position is directly responsible to the Executive Director with all the rights, responsibilities, and benefits as described in the Personnel Policy Manual.
Primary Job Duties:
- Acts as primary point of contact for rental inquires at all CCHS facilities including the Two-Mile House, Todd Hall, Cumberland Room, Pocket Park and G.B. Stuart History Workshop.
- Coordinates and negotiates rental contracts and informs Historical Properties Coordinator of set up requests and assists with this set up when needed.
- Acts as primary point of contact for rental openings and closings and/or coordinates with Community Outreach department to fulfill this duty should scheduling conflicts arise.
- Provides logistical support for all Society events, including but not limited to programs, receptions, meetings, fundraisers, conferences, festivals, and the annual dinner.
- Provides lead on recruitment of event and rental specific volunteers.
- Assists with the promotion of rental spaces and the marketing of events.
- Maintains and updates rental calendar and informs Environmental Services Assistant of table and chair set up requests.
- Works with Media Specialist to provide A/V support for events and rentals
- Ensures, in coordination with Historic Properties Coordinator & Environmental Services Assistant, that rental spaces & rental grounds are clean, organized and prepped for use.
Secondary Job Duties:
- Assists with outreach and logistics for recently developed Whiskey Rebellion Festival.
- Assists with outreach and logistics for the annual McLain Celtic Festival.
- Assists with outreach and logistics for CCHS’ two biennial conferences Carlisle Journeys and Cumberland Pathways.
- Assists with the CCHS’ Historic Preservation initiatives including the promotion of the County Register of Historic Places Program and Preservation Tour.
- Assists with the Cumberland County Preservation Roundtable planning logistics.
- Assists with the coordination of programming, tours, lectures and events
- Assists with the recruitment of outreach and events specific volunteers including reception area visitor’s services representatives
- Assists in visitor service spaces at CCHS and works in these spaces when a staffing gap occurs (Shop, Reception Desk, G.B. Stuart History Workshop).
- Occasional shuttle bus driving as assigned
- Works closely with Community Outreach Development and Marketing Assistant to support department goals and objectives.
Qualifications and expectations:
- Excellent communication skills & telephone and email responsiveness crucial
- Ability to operate telephone and Microsoft Office software
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Promotes the mission of the CCHS
- Willingness to share office space
- Driver’s license and access to personal transportation
- Ability to flex schedule and work evenings and weekends is critical and required