We invite you to explore CCHS’ G.B. Stuart History Workshop! It’s the perfect space to roll up your sleeves and interact with history! Located on High Street adjacent to CCHS’ History on High: the Shop, the Workshop offers free workstation crafts, a storytelling nook, the G.B. Stuart History Lab, and our live fish exhibit featuring real critters from the Conodoguinet and Yellow Breeches creeks. Recommended for ages 3-13 but children of all ages can find ways to interact.
The G.B. Stuart History Workshop’s current hours of exploration are:
Thursday and Friday 10am-4pm & Saturdays from 10am-2pm.
Free! 2017 Activities:
- Try your luck on a vintage typewriter – (its back!)
- Hands-on stereoscopes and view masters
- Dance to an antique record player
- Guess what is … mystery box?
- Place your name on Mother Cumberland’s family history tree
- Feed the fish! at 12 noon
Take a tour of the History Workshop via Google Maps.