We invite you to explore CCHS’ G.B. Stuart History Workshop! It’s the perfect space to roll up your sleeves and interact with history! Located on High Street adjacent to CCHS’ History on High: the Shop, the Workshop offers free workstation crafts, a storytelling nook, the G.B. Stuart History Lab, and our live fish exhibit featuring real critters from the Conodoguinet and Yellow Breeches creeks. Recommended for ages 3-13 but children of all ages can find ways to interact.
The G.B. Stuart History Workshop’s current hours of exploration are:
Thursday and Friday 10am-4pm & Saturdays from 10am-2pm.
Currently on exhibit in the Workshop:
- Hands-on preservation & conservation- learn what it takes to repoint brick or conserve an object!
- Try your hand at colonial tape looming
- Groovy 60s crafts like spin art and spirograph
- Play a real vinyl on a 60s era record player
- Twister, Battleship and the original Mouse Trap too!
Take a tour of the History Workshop via Google Maps.